At present, only citizens of few countries can visit Vietnam without entry visa:
- Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland.
- French citizens holding valid diplomatic passports are exempt from visa requirements when visiting Vietnam and are allowed to stay for up 3 months at one time or on several visits within six months since their first immigration dates.
Vietnam visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is officially issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnamese Government Agent), it has same validity with the visa get from Vietnamese Embassy/ Consulate abroad.
Visa on arrival is the most comfortable way to obtain your visa without wasting time. With this visa service, you can only enter the country by air at Vietnam international airports (Noi Bai in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang airport). We are proud of being one of the first travel agencies in Vietnam offering Vietnam visa on arrival for travelers. With our approved service, travelers only need some minutes to apply visa online and be ready for a wonderful trip to Vietnam.
Vietnam visa approval letter (or pre-approval letter)
Vietnam visa approval letter (or pre-approval letter) is a letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (a Vietnam Government Agency) allows travelers enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period. With the approval letter, traveler can pick up visa on arrival at one of international airports in Vietnam (Noi Bai airport in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang airport in Da Nang City) or at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
Copy of the same document will be transmitted to Vietnam immigration checkpoints at International Airports or Vietnam Embassy/Consulate, so that when the applicant comes, the Immigration officers will have those documents on hand and will be able to issue Vietnam entry visa.
Before issuing Vietnam visa approval letter, the Office checks and screens visa application very strictly, so there is no case that you will be rejected at Vietnam airport or Vietnam Embassy/Consulate once you have a visa pre-approval letter in hand.
Required documents to get Vietnam visa at airport
To get Vietnam visa stamped in your passport at airport, you need to bring:
1- Your passport (with validity at least 6 months and has 2 blank pages)
2- 2 passport–size photos (front view; 4 x 6 cm).
3- Copy of approval letter that we sent to you.
4- At the airports, you have to fill 1 more form
5- Stamping fee, you pay directly in cash at the Immigration desk at airport:
* US$45 for single entry visa from 1 month to 6 months;
* US$65 for 1 month multiple entries visa.
* US$95 for 3 months multiple entries visa.
Accepted currencies are Vietnam Dong and US Dollars, paid in cash only.
Russian travelers are exempted from this fee.
- Photographs must be identical, taken within the past 6 months.
- The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 13/8 inches.
- The photographs may be in color or black and white.
- The photo must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
- Photographs should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily.
- If prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in the photographs.
Where to get visa at Vietnam airport
At the airport, on the way to baggage claim, you will see Landing Visa (or Visa Upon Arrival) office. All you do is to hand in the above documents and wait to get your passport back with Vietnam visa stamped.
It depends on the number person(s) applied visa on arrival like you. Usually it takes from 15 to 30 minutes. Make sure you have all required documents ready.